20 minute reals…
This is something I whipped together the other night, and have been craving it ever since. You all know PaleoPot for slow cooker recipes, yet this blog will be growing to include one-pot stovetop recipes as well. Sometimes they just work best with what you have on hand when you don’t have the time to wait for your slow cooker. All you need is a deep pot, stock pot, or dutch oven type pot. Something that’s about 6 quarts or larger will do.
What you need:
- One pound of chorizo sausage, quartered lengthwise and then chopped into 1/2″ pieces.
- 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- One can of coconut milk.
- 2 cups of chicken stock.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 medium white onion, chopped.
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped. (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional).
- Enough kale to cover the top of your pot (about 3 handfuls).
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper or chipotle flakes.
How you make it:
- Add your coconut oil to your pot and set the heat to medium.
- Add your chorizo and raise heat to medium high. Stir chorizo until it starts to sizzle and gains a light sear.
- Lower your heat back to medium low while you chop your onions and pepper.
- Add your onions, jalapeno, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- Once onions are slightly softened and colored by the chorizo, add your coconut milk, chicken stock, and water.
- Raise your heat to medium high again until the liquid reaches a simmer.
- Drop is as much kale to your pot that will cover the surface of the liquid, then stir the leaves in well.
- Lower your heat to medium low and cover.
- Let pot simmer lightly for about 20 minutes, then enjoy.
- Garnish with some red pepper paste like I did if you are awesome.
I hope this type of recipe works out for you all. It really is a super tasty and easy meal and is a good representation of how I usually improvise dinners. If you like the addition of one-pot meals here, please let me know in the comments section. If you have requests for one-pot meals you’d like to see, go for it!
You should cook these too: