This one is all about meal planning prep work. I like to have hard boiled eggs in my fridge so that I always have a protein source at hand without having to cook anything. I prefer to cook eggs in bulk and peel them all at once so they are ready to go whenever. I cooked 5 different batches of a dozen eggs in the Instant Pot until I settled on the final cooking and cooling times. The recipe works and allows you to cook a dozen eggs in a foolproof way where you don’t have to wait for a pot of water to come to a boil!
What you need:
- Instant Pot slow cooker – I use the IP-DUO60 model.
- Your Instant Pot’s rack.
- One dozen eggs, straight from the fridge.
- One cup of cold tap water.
How you make it:
- Place your water, rack, and eggs into the Instant Pot. Distribute the eggs evenly so that they are not touching the sides of the pot, then stack additional eggs onto them.
- Cook on Manual for 8 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure as soon as your 8 minute cooking program completes.
- Use tongs to transfer the eggs to an ice water bath for 7 minutes.
- 5 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, plus 8 minutes cooking time, plus 7 minutes cooling time = 20 minutes flat for a dozen eggs!