My friend Matt has suggested a recipe for ribs -several- times, and I’m finally delivering. Another super easy meal, you just have to slice some ribs and carve out a pineapple!
- 1-2 pounds of pork ribs. Go with 1 pound if you have a smaller crock pot or slow cooker
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sugar-free dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Slice ribs apart and set aside.
- Cut off the top of your pineapple
- Cut the entire pineapple in half lengthwise
- Use a paring knife to slice as close to the rhine as you can to slice out as much pineapple as you can.
- Save the remaining two “boat” halves.
- Cut the pineapple pieces into 1″ cubes.
- Trim excess fat off of your ribs. Leaner cuts of ribs will work best for this recipe.
- Mix the dijon mustard with the paprika and honey and rub all over the ribs.
- Place the ribs into the crock pot first, and then dump the pineapple cubes on top of them.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir and serve.
Use at least one of your carved out pineapple halves to plate the meal, especially if you have guests. Even if you’re cooking for one, it’s still pretty cool to eat out of a pineapple! Matt, I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do, and I know you’ll use the Pineapple as a bowl for sure!
You should cook these too: