This recipe combines 2 of my favorite things on the cheap, bacon and chipotle peppers. Cooks all in one pot and always leaves me looking for more spicy bacon bits even after I’ve eaten it all. This is something that I whip up in 10 minutes and usually consume all it before it cools down. Soon I will be coming up with my own adobo sauce recipe for the blog. I am aware the canned product I use has a small amount of sugar and that some people are not ok with that, and for that reason am trying to come up with my own version soon. I sometimes stray from perfection in the sauce category to save time. Wether you wish to rehydrate some chilis and simmer down a sauce from scratch or use a canned product is entirely up to you. Point is, I defy the Paleo Police and I highly enjoy this meal. If you don’t, check the blog soon for a new sauce recipe that I’ll post once I get it just right. Update: I made a perfectly paleo chipotle adobo sauce, hope you make it and love it as much as I do!
What you need:
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenderloins, cubed.
- 1/3 pound bacon, cubed into large pieces.
- 1 small white onion, sliced thinly.
- 1 tsp cumin.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2 to 3 tbsp of chipotle adobo sauce or to keep it totally paleo you can use my adobo sauce recipe
- 2 tbsp of water.
How you make it:
- Set your pot or deep skillet to medium heat, once hot add your cubed bacon.
- Stir your bacon well until cooked 2/3 of the way through.
- Add your cubed chicken, seasonings and onion. Stir well and raise heat slightly.
- When chicken is almost fully cooked, add your chipotle adobo sauce and stir well as you lower your heat back to medium.
- Use up to 2 tbsp of water to deglaze your pot, stir well and serve. Enjoy!