One of my favorite things.
I like coffee in the morning, but I don’t always drink it. I call this quick throw-together drink a hot cup of awesome, because well, I find that to be an accurate description. This hot beverage will warm you up on a cold morning, and the fat content will help keep you energized and satiated. For that reason I’ll whip one of these up at time where I’m hungry and have no idea what I want to eat. The hot cup of awesome is simply a 1:1 ratio of chicken stock and coconut milk along with some red curry paste. That’s it, and you can add green onion slices (the white ends are the best for this) if you want to be fancy. This is one of my favorite treats that I simply cannot live without. Hope you enjoy it as well!
What you need:
- chicken stock (ideally home made).
- coconut milk (from a can, shaken) .
- red curry paste. This Thai Kitchen brand is 100% paleo friendly.
- sliced green onions (optional).
How you make it:
- Combine equal parts of chicken stock and coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat. If you want to end up with 1 cup total, start with 1/2 cup of each.
- Add as much or as little red curry paste as you like. For starters, if making a cup or so of total liquid, start with a tsp of red curry paste. If you love spicy and curry, use more.
- Stir well and adjust heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a mug or thermos to enjoy. Garnish with the sliced white ends of a green onion if you have them and like that sort of thing.