No cooking necessary this time…
So it’s the time of year where it’s getting hot out. People are complaining about the heat. You know who you are. So for those summer afternoons that you don’t feel like cooking, just enjoy some of this cold gazpacho and stop complaining. You’re getting Vitamin D from the sun, and have this awesome recipe, be happy!
What you need:
- 1 large can of organic tomato juice (64 ounces)
- 3 large tomatoes, diced.
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped.
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped.
- 1 red onion, diced.
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped.
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced (optional).
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Juice of 3 lemons.
- Juice of 3 limes.
Such pretty ingredients…
How you make it:
- Chop or dice all of your vegetables.
- Pour in your tomato juice.
- Add salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Cover and let marinate in your refrigerator overnight. Tastes best after 2-3 days.
This is the way my grandmother has made gazpacho forever. I love the chunks and crispness they bring. Some gazpacho recipes will have you pulse everything in a food processor, looking for a pureed consistency. I like the contrast of soup and salad at once. You can do whatever you wish. This stuff is great for the heat and it tends to taste a little better every day. Just make sure you eat it all within the week, then it’s time to go. Enjoy!