Sweet, Spicy, and Wicked Easy…
Sometimes we like to do somewhat fancy things in the slow cooker, such as meatloafs and stuffed peppers. Most times we like to cook things that are stupid easy to make with hardly any prep time. This is one of those recipes. Four ingredients, and you only have to cut two of them. This is the type of recipe you prep at the last minute in the morning, and come home to after work feeling like a genius.
What you need:
- 1 pound of chicken (breasts or thighs).
- 1 can of coconut milk (we use TJ’s light coconut milk)
- 1 large softball sized mango or 2 small mangos. Look for one that is not quite ripe yet, nice and firm.
- 1 tablespoon of dried chipotle flakes.
How you make it:
- Dump your can of coconut milk into your slow cooker.
- Peel your mango and cut it into large and medium cubes.
- Throw your mango cubes along with the mango’s pit into your slow cooker. The meat on the pit will add flavor.
- Cut your chicken into cubes as well. Dump them into your cooker.
- Add your chipotle flakes and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
This recipe is a great blend of sweet and spicy. It will be sweet with the mango, so it’s your call if you want to add extra chipotle flakes to balance things out. We love the heat, so we added slightly more flakes at the end. Dried chipotle flakes aren’t easy to find at your common grocer, yet they are a great thing to have on hand in your kitchen. Just remember to toss your mango “bone” out when you serve. This one works very well on top of “riced” cauliflower and garnished with lime. Enjoy!