4 ingredients, 5 minutes prep time, ultimate side dish.
This dish combines some of my favorite things. The crock pot, spaghetti squash, curry paste, coconut milk, and super easy meal prep! This one is going into my weekly menu rotation as a staple, and I’m sure many of you will love it just as much!
Really, just 4 ingredients, and the garlic is optional! I highly suggest the Thai Kitchen brand red curry paste. It contains 100% paleo friendly ingredients and can be found in the “international foods” aisle of most chain supermarkets. It is also quite tasty.
This is how your spaghetti squash should look going into your crock pot. Crock pot spaghetti squash is just absurdly easy isn’t it?
What you need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, 3 to 4 pounds.
- 1 can of coconut milk, room temperature, well shaken.
- 1/4 cup of water if using a full-fat coconut milk.
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of red curry paste. I recommend the Paleo friendly Thai Kitchen red curry paste.
- 4 to 6 whole garlic cloves, optional.
How you make it:
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half the short way. A serrated knife helps if you are unsure about cutting a hard squash.
- Scoop out the seeds from the inside of your squash halves. I suggest you save them to oven roast them!
- Poke holes into the tops of your squash halves with a fork, at about 4 different points.
- Pour your coconut milk (and water if using full fat coconut milk) into your crock pot, and add your curry paste (and garlic cloves if you are using them).
- Mix your curry paste into your coconut milk until it is dissolved.
- Place your squash halves open/cut side down into your coconut curry mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. I recommend 4 since I like some texture to the fibers of my spaghetti squash.
- Remove your squash halves from your crock pot (warning they will be hot!) and use a large fork to scoop them out into a large bowl.
- Once your squash is removed into a bowl, add as much or as little of the coconut curry mixture remaining in your slow cooker and stir well.
- If you included garlic cloves, mash them up and mix them in well.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!