This is a true dump and go recipe. Dump everything it, come back and get it later. I was looking for something with greens in it to go along with a steak that I was having, and this is what I came up with. Im a big fan of Kale. I used a yellow curry powder for this recipe, which is why the dish has a slight yellow hint to it. I’ve already finished the leftovers. The beans still had some crunch to them and the kale cooked down nicely. Definitely a win. I used this great curry powder that comes from the Bahamas, yet I can’t seem to find it listed on their site. Sad face.
What you need:
- One medium head of kale, washed and roughly chopped. I used a pre chopped bag.
- 2 handfulls of raw green beans, ends removed.
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- 1 can full of chicken stock, equal ratio of liquid basically.
- 1 heaping tablespoon of yellow curry powder.
How you make it:
- Use a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Dump your coconut milk and chicken stock in.
- Stir in your curry powder.
- Add your green beans to the liquid.
- Add as much kale as you can that fill fit in the slow cooker, then stir/toss to somewhat coat it with the liquid.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.