Here is a new format I am tinkering with for my recipes. The whole recipe is in the picture with the ingredients. This Paleo jalapeno barbecue sauce is sugar free, easy, and awesome. I hope you enjoy it!
What you need:
- 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- 3 jalapenos, chopped or slice. Remove seeds and stems to reduce the heat level.
- 1 small red onion, diced.
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 small can of tomato paste, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup.
- 1 tbsp of Spanish smoked paprika.
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
How you make it:
- Combine all of your ingredients in a medium sauce pan and stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. For a thicker sauce, reduce/simmer for longer.
- Blend your sauce in the pot using an immersion blender, or just use a regular food processor or blender.
How long will this last in the fridge?
I’d keep it 5 days. It will probably last a few days longer due to the vinegar and lack of sugars. The recipe yields a mason jar’s worth, so you should use it up before then anyways 🙂
Is there anything else to the Garlic, cumin and lime marinade? Do you have parts? (i.e. 1 part garlic and cumin to 3 parts lime)?
You just made my day! Thank you! I am so looking forward to making this. Paleo since June 1…lost 20 lbs and my blood pressure and inflammation in my body have gone down drastically. But I do miss sauces sometimes! Yay! Happy 4th of July to you!!
Awesome job! Thanks for the kind words!
I really like this recipe. I couldn’t find a barbeque sauce in the store that didn’t have sugar or corn syrup in it. Thanks
I have had this recipe saved for ages but I am making it right now and it smells fantastic. Going to smother some turkey balls with it for supper tonight. Thank you for another great recipe
Comments are closed.