This is my post aimed to help people that are looking to simplify their kitchen by creating a small toolkit that will allow you to cook almost everything to need to. I know some people are seriously lacking kitchen appliances, so this guide assumes that you have a 100% empty kitchen, and we need to stock it without buying too many things, or spending too much money. Chances are you won’t need everything on this list, yet the point is to show you can you can get by with only these tools.
The Big 3
- Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven / Skillet Combo.
- Hamilton Beach 6-quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
- Stainless steel stock pot.
- J.A. Henckels International Forged Premio 8-Inch Chef’s Knife..
- Wusthof Gourmet 3-Inch Paring Knife.
- Kuhn Rikon Original 4-Inch Swiss Peeler.
- ExcelSteel Stainless Steel Colander.
- Set of 6 Bamboo Kitchen Tools (spoons, spatulas).
- Stainless Steel Tongs.
- Compact Can Opener.
- MIU Flexible Cutting Board, Set of 5.
- Nordic Ware Bakers Half Sheet, 13 x 18 x 1″.
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel Sauce Pan.
- Cuisinart SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender.
- Digital Kitchen Thermometer.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
- Pyrex 8-cup measuring cup.
- Stainless steel magnetic measuring spoon set.
- Padero Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer.
- Mandoline Slicer.
- Magic Bullet Compact Mixer/Blender.
- DorkFood DSV Controller for Sous-Vide.